November 22, 2022
At 2:57 AM Tuesday November 22, 2022 the Burlington Fire Department responded to 1216 S 7th St for a shed on fire with several building nearby. An engine was returning to their station from a previous call and arrived 2 minutes later to find a small shed on fire. All fire was contained to the shed. A small building nearby sustained some heat damage
The property is owned by Nicole Steemer and insured. The shed is considered a total loss.
The fire started as a result of an improperly vented wood stove.
9 Burlington firefighters responded to the call. There were no injuries reported. Firefighters cleared the scene at 3:48 AM.