CITY OF BURLINGTON, IOWA – FLINT HILLS MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE
PUMP HOUSE PROJECT
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BIDDERS
- Sealed bids are due in the office of the Development & Parks Director by 2:00 PM on October 10, 2017. Sealed bids will be opened at 2:00 p.m. by the Development and Parks Director.
- Persons or firms making a bid shall submit it in a sealed envelope to the Development & Parks Director on or before the hour and day of indicated bid opening above. The words “GOLF COURSE PUMP HOUSE ” shall appear on the outside of the sealed envelope, along with the named and addresses of the person or firm submitting the bid. Bid may also be emailed or faxed.
- No charge will be allowed for taxes from which the City of Burlington, Iowa is exempt. The city is exempt from the Iowa Retailers’ Occupation Tax, the Service Occupation Tax, the Service Use Tax, and the Federal Excise and Transportation Tax.
- All bids submitted will be binding for thirty (30) days after the bid opening date.
- The City of Burlington reserves the right to reject any and all bids, waive technicalities, and does not commit itself to awarding the contract solely upon the basis of the low bid submitted. Furthermore, the City of Burlington reserves the right to separate items bid on, or accept a package offer, if the best interests of the City of Burlington are served.
- Successful bidder will complete the project by MARCH 15, 2018. Installation could commence after NOVEMBER 15, 2017.
- Payment for any goods or services purchased by the City shall not be made until approved by the City Council. Approval will be obtained at the City Council meeting following receipt of goods or services if practical. In no event will payment be made prior to City Council approval. Payment will generally occur within 30 days, but could be up to 60 days dependent on the billing cycle.
- Bidder shall furnish payment and performance bond in amount equal to the contract as security for full complete performance of the contract in accordance with plans and specifications. Bidder shall submit a proposal guaranty of 5% of contract estimate within 5 days of bid acceptance.
Submit Bids to: Eric Tysland, Development & Parks Director
Please direct questions about project to:
Ted Tillo, Golf Course Superintendent or
Brad Selby, Recreation Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com