Dankwardt Park Playground Project
The final design is completed for this playground! Burlington Parks staff has a finalized fundraising goal of $1.77 million. Expenses include site preparation, play equipment, accessible surfacing, professional installation, ancillary equipment and features (i.e. sidewalks, lighting, seating, water fountains, etc.) and playground accessibility.
Current Funding - $1,567,600
Project Goal - $1,770,000
|How To Donate:|
|City of Burlington|
400 Washington St.
Burlington, IA 52601
|Friends of Burlington Parks|
PO Box 1341
Burlington, IA 52601
|Please list 'Dankwardt Playground' in the memo line of the check.|
Please include our Donation form when making donations.
Inclusive Play Defined:
'An inclusive playground allows children of all abilities and developmental stages to play in the same space and creates an inviting atmosphere for all. These spaces consider the needs of all kids (ages 1-99).'
|Playground Site Plan||Large View Site Plan|
|Playground Images||Playground Images|
The current playground is nearly 40 years old - a wooden structure that has out-lived its useful life and is not a fully accessible structure.
How can you help or get involved?
- The most important thing citizens or supporters of this project can do is TALK about it! Growing awareness for this project will be vital to it's success. Discuss the project with your family, friends, co-workers, and others.
- Contact Parks staff with questions, information, or funding opportunities
- Invite Parks staff to present to your group, business, foundation or meeting.
- Donate directly to the playground project. Please include our Donation form when making donations.
Timeline of past events:
- August 16, 2022 - Town Hall at Burlington Public Library
- July 13, 2022 - Parks & Recreation Month Open House at Playground Site
- January 31, 2022 - Presentation to City Council on Playground Project status
- August 17, 2021 - Public Input Session at Dankwardt Park Playground
Survey was available online as well as in-person to collect feedback on design options
Online Survey Link