Burlington Regional Dog Park
About the Park
The Burlington Regional Dog Park is located in Dankwardt Park, south of the swimming pool, off of Blackhawk Drive.
The Park currently features 1.4 acres of wide-open space in which dogs can run and play off-leash. The park has a double-gated entry system to ensure the safety of all park users. Park rules are posted at the front entrance.
The park boasts a waste disposal with waste disposal bags and a garbage can, two other garbage cans within the fence, and two covered bench areas. We have also added a small dog area, donated trees, and a doggie drinking fountain donated by
Summer Street Animal Clinic.
Dog Park Tags
In order to use the Burlington Regional Dog Park membership tags must be purchased and clearly displayed on your dog's collar at all times. Tags are good for one calendar year, and can be purchased for $10.00 at Burlington City Hall, Summer Street Animal Clinic and the Des Moines County Animal Shelter. All owners must sign a liability waiver. *You will need to bring proof in writing of rabies vaccination in order to receive a tag.
Dog Park Rules
- All owners must cleanup after their dogs
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, and shall wear visible dog license
- For your dog's safety do not use prong or choke training collars
- No food allowed except small training treats
- Dogs under 4 months of age and female dogs in heat are prohibited
- Dogs must be under the control of their handler and in view of their handler at all times
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted in the park
- Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression
- Children under 12 years must be supervised by an adult
- Owners must have a leash for each dog while in the park
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the off-leash dog area
- Each adult handler may not have more than two dogs at a time
- Users of the park do so at their own risk
- Violators will be subject to removal from the park and suspension of park privileges
- Neither the City of Burlington nor the Burlington Regional Dog Park shall be liable for
any injury or damage caused by any dog or equipment in the off-leash area