Right-of-Way Permit Information

A Right-of-Way Permit is required any time work is done in the City right-of-way by a property owner, utility company or contractor not working for the City. Work requiring a permit includes but is not limited to, replacement or construction of sidewalk or driveways, excavations for sewer repairs, and installation of utilities in the City right-of-way.

Property owners may not know where private property ends and the City right-of-way begins. A safe assumption is that City right-of-way begins 1' on the private property side of the public sidewalk.

If you are unsure if a Right-of-Way Permit is required, please contact the City Engineer's office.

Right-of-Way Permit applications are available at the City Engineer's office or can be found below. Fill out and bring the application to the Engineer's office for approval. Permit applications should be submitted at lease 48 hours prior to the desired start of construction.

Right-of-Way Permit Application (PDF)

Work in the City Right-of-Way is to be completed by the abutting property owner or a bonded contractor.

Bonded Contractor List (PDF)

The following attachments for different construction projects outline City requirements for construction in the right-of-way.

Sidewalk Attachment (PDF)
Driveway Attachment (PDF)
Excavation Attachment (PDF)
Small Cell Design Guidelines (PDF)