Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Street Address & Mailing Address (if different)
List a Home Phone or Parent's Cell Phone
School you are Attending
Contest Rules: (1) The contest is open to all students in Burlington schools enrolled in the 7th grade during the 2020/21 school year.(2) Essays may not exceed 250 words and must fit on one page. (3) Essays must address the subject and begin with "If I were mayor, I would..." (4) Only one essay may be submitted per student. (5) Essays will be judged based on the following: creativity, clarity, sincerity of thought and proper use of grammar. (6) Essays must be uploaded to the City of Burlington website by Friday, November 6, 2020.
(7) Essays will not be returned and will become the property of the City of Burlington.
(8) The City of Burlington retains the right to publish essays along with the names and likenesses of each student. (9) Essays will also be forwarded to the state-wide contest sponsored by the Iowa League of Cities.
(10) Winner will be announced on Facebook Thursday, November 12, 2020.
(11) Prizes include recognition at a City Council meeting and a $100 price courtesy of the Burlington Rotary Club.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field