City Owned Properties For Sale
City of Burlington – Properties For Sale:
The City of Burlington acquires properties through various means and sells these properties to the public at City Council meetings. Certain conditions apply to each property sold. Please contact the Community Development Department for questions on the properties listed for sale and the sale process. A Bid For City-Owned Property form may be completed and returned to the Development Department if you have interest in acquiring or bidding on a property.
Conditions of Sale: All improvements (rehab construction) shall be initiated within 60 days and completed within 180 days of approval of the sale by the City Council; with new construction to begin within 180 days of approval. An extension of 180 days may be granted if significant progress is made. Failure to meet time frame may result in forfeiture of purchase. New construction and rehab shall be subject to review, approval, and inspection of structure for all required permits and codes. All adjacent lots shall be combined as required within thirty (30) days of sale with the County Assessor’s Office. Other conditions may apply. Property transfer shall be by Quit Claim Deed and may occur upon substantial completion of renovation of the property; as required. Contact the Development Department for additional questions and conditions of the property sale.
Minimum Recommended Bid on Legal Lot of Record / Existing Building: $500
Full payment shall be made within thirty (30) days of sale, unless otherwise approved by the City; with 10% ($500 minimum, depending on purchase price) due upon sale of property.
- List subject to change – check with Development Department to see if this is current.
- Private acquisition based on requirements for sale of City-owned property.
- Property transfer by Quit Claim Deed.
- Properties are sold at City Council meetings (5:30 PM, City Hall, 400 Washington St), in an auction-type setting, where bids may be increased.
- Properties below with dates behind them are scheduled to be sold on that date.
City-owned Vacant Lots - For Sale:
- 123 S 6th St
- 1219 Stowe St
- 1126 Valley St
- 1303 Jefferson St
- 1305 Jefferson St
- 610 Washington St
- 617 N 10th St
- 1006 Spruce St
- 517 Pine St
City-owned Property - For Sale:
- 311 S 9th Street
- 1003 Chalfant Street - Selling at the 7/16/2018 City Council Meeting
- 918 Locust Street - Selling at the 7/16/2018 City Council Meeting
- 1325 Angular
- 1607 Osborn
- 1906 Melvin
- 1006 Elm
City-owned Commercial Space - For Lease:
- 501 Jefferson St – basement access off of N 5th Street