Perkins Park

An 18-acre tract, park of the Perkins estate, was given to the City of Burlington in 1927 to be used as a public park. The land, which was purchased by Mr. Charles Elliott Perkins (associated with the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad) in 1867, was the site of his home "The Apple Trees".  This park includes a shelter house, gazebo, playground, tennis courts, and several attractive footbridges.